What are Chakras? Chakras are energy center points throughout your body which are connected to your physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies. Each has a specific color associated with it, and energetically they spin in a clockwise motion, and are believed to be in the form of a lotus flower. Each chakra’s lotus flower has a certain number of petals, depending on the particular chakra.
The word Chakra, in Hindu and Buddhist traditions, are energy points through which life force energy (prana energy) moves. In Sanskrit, the word Chakra means “turning” or “wheel.”
There are a number of chakra channels, but the 7 most commonly known, and most significant are the following, in the order in which the energy runs, which is from the bottom of your body to the top:
1) Root Chakra – is located at the base of the energetic body, which is at the sacrum, or bottom of your spine. This chakra is associated with primal instincts, fear, survival, and connection to the earth. If your Root Chakra is out of alignment, you may suffer from sexual issues, feel imbalanced, unsteady on your feet, excessive worrying, and overly concerned with the “what ifs” in your future.
The color is RED, and crystals for healing this chakra are carnelian, and red agate.
2) Sacral Chakra – is located in the lower part of the abdomen, below your belly button. This chakra is associated with reproductive organs, relationships, fear, and digestion. If this chakra is misaligned, you can experience digestive issues such as constipation, inability to reproduce, sexual dysfunction, or unhealthy relationships.
The color if ORANGE , and crystals for healing this chakra are orange calcite, and citrine.
3) Solar Plexus Chakra - is located above your belly button, and below your sternum. This chakra is associated with connecting with your higher self, communication with Spirit, digestion, and is also the channel in which Empaths experience the most discomfort, often believed to be anxiety, but, in fact, it is an overly opened Solar Plexus Chakra.
The color is YELLOW, and crystals for healing this chakra are citrine, and yellow calcite.
4) Heart Chakra (Heart Center) – this located in the heart area, also known as your heart center. This chakra is associated with compassion, love for self and others, unconditional love, and life itself. If you are suffering from a broken heart, or a heavy heart due to some unfortunate circumstance, this chakra will needs extra attention to bring healing energy to it and allow your heart to heal.
The color is GREEN or PINK (you can use either one), and the crystals for healing this chakra are green aventurine and rose quartz.
5) Throat Chakra – this is located in the area of your throat where one would have an Adam’s Apple. This chakra is associated with speaking up for yourself, advocating for your desires and needs, spreading kindness and love/or venom and anger. If you speak negatively of yourself or others, that will create a blocked throat chakra. Other symptoms are: acid reflux, indigestion, coughing attacks, trouble swallowing, or laryngitis.
The color is BLUE, and crystals for healing this chakra would be lapis lazuli, or blue calcite (can you tell I love calcite?!)
6) Third Eye Chakra – this is located in the center of your forehead, between your eyebrows. This is the gateway for “seeing” things of the past, and things in the future. This chakra is connected to your pineal gland (Eye of Ra) and if your diet is heavy in fluoride, as well as other contaminants, you may have difficulty with opening this chakra. This is also the chakra associated with mental illness, so a blocked or overly opened third eye chakra can create what we know as mental health issues.
The color is INDIGO, and the crystals for healing this chakra are amethyst and lapis lazuli.
7) Crown Chakra – this is located at the crown of your head, and is associated with consciousness, and Christ consciousness, your ability to connect with your higher self as well as Creator. You may suffer from headaches, poor sleep, or inability to focus if this chakra is out of alignment.
The color is VIOLET, and crystals for healing this chakra are selenite, clear quartz, or any violet colored stones such as amethyst. Clear crystals such as selenite and clear quartz are ideal because the color “white” encompasses all colors so it can be used as a catch-all for the other colors.
Now, let’s get those chakras in balance and begin seeing how good you feel once they are cleared, cleansed, and purified! Always be sure to protect your chakras once you have cleared and balanced them because they will always attract outside energy, but more than you can handle or process, if they are left unprotected. A simple prayer asking that they be protected from any energy that is not your, or in your highest good is all that is needed. A wonderful CD to use for clearing them is one of my favorites, CHAKRA BALANCING by Sophia, which can be found on Amazon.